A small group of Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant survivors came together in 2017 to hike the Overland Track, Cradle Mountain in Tasmania.
Our objectives for completing the 75km trek are:·
- To create a motivational documentary style record for those recently diagnosed or undergoing treatment for blood cancer. Inspiration at the Transplant unit, villages, media etc., for patients and their families.
· To raise funds for the Leukaemia Foundation – Target $100,000
· To raise awareness of the benefits for donating blood
· To raise awareness of the benefits of being on the Bone Marrow Donor registry
· To raise awareness of the work that the Leukaemia Foundation does and their achievements both in patients and relative care and research
· To promote physical well-being of the survivors and their carers
· To improve the mental and psychological well-being of survivors and their carers
· To give an opportunity to the medical staff to assess the progress of patients and recognise opportunities for future change
· To promote all our sponsors through publicity and websites